Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lately, I've felt extremely more connected to my spirit.  I'm learning more about my spiritual path, and the earth's.  Right now it is the main thoughts in my mind and I think it is coming across in my art a lot.
I stopped by this nature park, The Great Swamp, in Morris County, New Jersey.  I felt really inspired to take self-portraits, there is something very therapeutic about going out into the nature, all alone.  It was very beautiful there, I loved the patches of light that came through the canopy of tress, yet I felt I was having trouble showing it in my photos.  I noticed though, that all my poses I felt like doing came across as spiritual or divine in some way.  I kept wanting to look up, to the sky, and the sun...I wanted to do yoga poses, yet at the same time that was not the direction I wanted to go in.. But maybe because I was in such a beautiful and very earthly place, that was just the connection and energy that I was receiving.

Then...I saw a raccoon, and I hear it's bad to see them in the day time.  But he was so cute, and didn't look like he had rabies?








No comments:

Post a Comment