Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lesson Learned

Again, I stayed up until 5 am to go take pictures in the park....(I really need to find somewhere around here that I can go to at anytime and there should be no people)  I knew this was going to be a quick shoot anyway because I was using a smoke bomb, and I only had one.  I've been saving this blue smoke bomb for about 4 or 5 years?  I really wanted to use it in a photo shoot, but had no idea what the best way was.  And it was so much more precious since I only had one.  Finally, the other day, I thought of an idea!  This morning I was excited, because I actually had an exact way I wanted the photo to look and I couldn't wait to get it on camera.

But.....As I was doing some tests shots I forgot to put the camera back on self-timer/remote mode before I lit the smoke bomb.  So I lit the smoke bomb, and quickly dropped the lighter, positioned my hands to hide the remote and still be able to click away, and the camera wasn't taking the picture...so I started panicking and remembered I forgot to put it in remote mode and I quickly ran to the camera to change settings - while inhaling, practically the entire blue smoke cloud - and it was too late.  The smoke didn't last long in the jar and it quickly was swept away, up into the sky.  I remember turning around and watching it disappear into the air.  I was so upset and cursing myself because I had one chance, one smoke bomb, and I really screwed it up...

But I took a few shots after, since I thought it was neat that the smoke bomb stained the jar blue, and I found a website online where I can buy a pack of smoke bombs and so I will just have to try this again. And the lesson I learned was to always remember to check that I am in remote mode when I need to be shooting with my remote!

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment